Friday, June 27, 2008

Lemonade Anyone?



Many years ago, my husband read Life's Little Instruction Book: 511 Suggestions, Observations, and Reminders on How to Live a Happy and Rewarding Life. For whatever reason, the one thing that he got from this book was to always stop at lemonade stands run by kids. As a result, we have always stopped at lemonade stands and the boys have been begging for ages to set one up.

I am not one to stand in the way of entrepreneurial pursuits, but we had a problem. We live at the end of a dead end street. The nearest street that even gets a small amount of traffic is 3 blocks away. Obviously this isn't the best place for a lemonade stand. So, I asked my parents if we could borrow their driveway for the day. They don't exactly live on a main street either but at least they live off of one. The boys and I made posters yesterday and I bought our supplies.

They were so excited today. I told them not to be disappointed if they didn't get any customers, but I said a prayer that they would get at least one. Of course, my parents bought some. Thankfully, one very nice lady stopped and bought a glass as did the mailman so they actually got 2 customers! Not a hugely successful venture, but enough to make them feel like they accomplished something. It was fun and something that I hope that they will remember.

No comments:

#OpenBook for March 2024

  Welcome to #OpenBook. I'm joining up with Carolyn Astfalk who hosts an #OpenBook Linkup on CatholicMom.com . Here's what I'v...