Thursday, June 05, 2008

A Prayer for Healing through the Intercession of St. Padre Pio

Padre Pio was born Francesco Forgione in Pietrelcina, Italy on May 25, 1887. At age 15 he joined the Capuchin Franciscans. Even at a young age, he was afflicted with health problems. Despite this, he was ordained a priest on August 10, 1910.

After celebrating Mass on September 20, 1918, Padre Pio received the stigmata, the same wounds that the crucified Christ bore. Doctors believe that for the next 50 years, he lost nearly a cup of blood a day. More important than the stigmata, however, was his reputation for holiness and his ability to read souls. He received letters from people all over the world seeking his counsel and heard confessions up to 16 hours a day. He died on September 23, 1968 and was canonized on June 16, 2002.

Prayer for Healing

Merciful God, through the intercession of the beloved saint, Padre Pio, restore me to health. Help me to know the great compassion he offered to everyone who came to him in sorrow or need.

When I am heavy burdened, give me strength. When I am wearied by life's dificulties, uplift and renew me. When I am ill or troubled, lead me to rest secure in Your infinite goodness.

Hear now my humble prayers for complete health of mind, body and spirit.

Send your Holy Angels to watch over me, to protect me from all danger, and to keep me safe from any injury or harm.

O Divine Healer, by Your grace, free me from useless anxiety, and grant me a sense of serenity and well-being in this time of uncertainty.

Like Padre Pio, help me, Lord, to trust in You completely, and to experience in my life your miracles of healing, hope and peace. I pray You will be my comfort, my strength and my joy, now and for all eternity. Amen.



To learn more about St. Padre Pio, please visit Bio of St. Padre Pio

No comments:

#OpenBook for March 2024

  Welcome to #OpenBook. I'm joining up with Carolyn Astfalk who hosts an #OpenBook Linkup on CatholicMom.com . Here's what I'v...