Monday, January 02, 2006

Thank God for Friends

I wasn't sure what I was going to write about tonight, but I just put the kids to bed and the following was their Bible story. So I thought I would share it with you. Tonight, I thank God for friends.

Sirach 6: 5-8; 14-17

A kind mouth multiplies friends,
and gracious lips prompt friendly greetings.

Let your acquaintances be many, but one in a thousand your confidant.

When you gain a friend, first test him, and be not too ready to trust him
For one sort of friend is a friend when it suits him,
but he will not be with you in times of distress.

A faithful friend is a sturdy shelter;
he who finds one finds a treasure.
A faithful friend is beyond price,
no sum can balance his worth.
A faithful friend is a lifesaving remedy,
such as he who fears God finds;
For he who fears God behaves accordingly,
and his friend will be like himself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thank God for friends every day as well - this passage is beautiful.

How to Pray for Your Adult Children

  When our children become adults, our relationship with them changes. Even if they continue to live in our homes, in most cases, our role...