Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Keeping a Dream Alive

Sometimes it can be discouraging to pursue a dream, wait for it to bear fruit, and wait and wait and then there is nothing. Recently, I came across this passage in Fr. Paul Keenan's "Heartstorming: The Way to a Purposeful Life" which gave me some comfort. I hope it may help you as well in whatever dream you may be pursuing.

Obviously, dreams have somthing to do with results. If you have a dream, you want to see it bear fruit. As I've been saying, a dream propels you into passionate action, and what you want from action is results. That's only natural. But what if you let absence of results kill your dream? What if, during those years when I struggles to raise the money to put "As You Think" on the air, I had given up? There were times when there was no money at all, only promises and hopes. Many times, I wanted to quit. I continued because at some level I knew there had to be more than the results, more than the number of dollars I had in the foundation. That something more was the dream. The dream stirs the heart. It touches the mind and helps it to see possibilities for overcoming limits.

No comments:

How to Pray for Your Adult Children

  When our children become adults, our relationship with them changes. Even if they continue to live in our homes, in most cases, our role...