Thursday, February 01, 2007

The Hidden Power of Kindness

I just started reading "The Hidden Power of Kindness" by Rev. Lawrence G. Lovasik. This book was originally written in the 1960s, but my mother recommended it to me after hearing about it on EWTN. I do try to be a kind person. Of course, sometimes I do fail and have to try again, but Fr. Lovasik offered the following rules for being kind which I think are very good.

"The rules are simple - three little dont's and three little dos.

Don'ts
1. Don't speak unkindly of anyone.
2. Don't speak unkindly to anyone.
3. Don't act unkindly toward anyone.

Dos
1. Do speak kindly of someone at least once a day.
2. Do think kindly about someone at least once a day.
3. Do act kindly toward someone at least once a day."

No comments:

How to Pray for Your Adult Children

  When our children become adults, our relationship with them changes. Even if they continue to live in our homes, in most cases, our role...