Thursday, March 22, 2007

Marriage making us Holy rather than Happy?

As some of you know, I contribute to a free daily inspiration ezine called "Inner Fulfillment." I am enjoying being a subscriber to it as well. There are many good writers offering their insights. Here was today's installment. To subscribe, visit http://www.emphasisonmoms.com/fulfill.htm


What If Marriage Is Meant To Make You Holy Rather Than Happy?

This is a question for all the readers out there. I'm currently doing a bible
study called Sacred Marriage. Lesson 1 focus is on the purpose of marriage. It
doesn't matter if you're married or single. I'd like you to consider the
question above.
If God designed marriage with the purpose of developing His character in you,
rather than for your happiness, how would that change your perspective on
marriage?

What is holy anyway? Study God's Word to find out. God said "Be holy, for I am
holy." When I look for the word "holy" throughout the Bible, I find locations
can be holy, days can be holy, clothes could be holy, nations could be holy,
people could be holy and of course God is holy. Holiness is like purity, having
motives like God, for the good of others. Holiness is like love, thinking of
others above yourself.

What if we started being holy in our marriages? What would that look like? How would our responses change?
Did you know happiness will find you, if you willingly follow God's ways. If
God wants us to be holy, we should be holy and the result is a lasting joy
appears in our life.

In Christ's love,
Elizabeth Marks
Author of ThinkOnIt Devotions
Visit me at http://www.ThinkOnItDevotions.com for devotions, bible studies, book
review and helpful internet nets all geared to help you grow in your
relationship with Christ.

No comments:

#OpenBook for March 2024

  Welcome to #OpenBook. I'm joining up with Carolyn Astfalk who hosts an #OpenBook Linkup on CatholicMom.com . Here's what I'v...