Monday, April 02, 2007

"Don't Cut Me Again"

"Don't Cut Me Again!: True Stories About Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC)" is another book I was privileged to contribute to. These are all stories of women who wanted desperately to have a natural birth after a cesarean section. Today, cesarean sections have become more and more common, with some women opting for them simply for convenience sake. This book shows the other side of the coin - women who have had cesarean sections and don't want to go through that experience again. Many of the women had to fight for their choice to pursue a VBAC.

Interestingly enough, I am the one woman in the book who didn't succeed in having a VBAC, even though I gave me my best shot. I think that my story provides a balance however. That sometimes even with a woman's best intentions, a cesarean is the best way to go to ensure a baby's well-being.

One caveat - Do not read this book if you have not given birth to a child! If however, you are a woman considering whether or not to pursue a VBAC or a health care professional interested in what women have to say about the experience of cesarean and VBACs birth, this book provides a wonderful insight.


No comments:

How to Pray for Your Adult Children

  When our children become adults, our relationship with them changes. Even if they continue to live in our homes, in most cases, our role...