Friday, April 27, 2007

Giving Thanks for our Children

Jill Hart over at Christian Work at Home Mom offered this wonderful suggestion for days when the kids are driving you crazy - start thinking of all the things that you love about them. In fact, this idea has many applications - you can do it when you are annoyed with your spouse, or your mother, or any other significant person in your life.

So, here is my (non-exhaustive) list of things that I love about my children:

1) I love the way that they smell - each of them has their own unique scent that I just love to breathe in when they are close to me.

2) I love their hugs and kisses.

3) I love the way Isaac wrinkles his nose when he is thinking.

4) I love how David in his glasses and school uniform looks like a miniature college professor.

5) I love how when I look at them I can remember the babies that they once were and envision the men that they are growing up to be.

6) I love when they say their prayers.

7) I love David's sense of self.

8) I love Isaac's attempts to comfort his brother when he is sad.

9) I love David's thoughtfulness - he truly analyzes things and feels things deeply.

10) I love Isaac's simple joy.

11) I love when they play together in their world of make-believe.

12) I love watching them learn new things.

13) I love curling up and reading stories with them.

14) I love the way David tells me about his day at school as we are driving home.

15) I love how much they teach me and help me grow every day.

No comments:

How to Pray for Your Adult Children

  When our children become adults, our relationship with them changes. Even if they continue to live in our homes, in most cases, our role...