Tuesday, July 24, 2007

For All Mothers

My sister had sent me this in an email several years ago when David was still just a baby and I was pregnant with Isaac. I came across it while cleaning out a drawer a few days ago. I did an on-line search and couldn't find an author for it. I think it is beautiful. I hope you will agree.


Once upon a time there was a child
ready to be born. The child asked God,
"They tell me you are sending me to earth
tomorrow, but how am I going to live there
being so small and helpless?"
God replied, "Among the many angels, I
chose one for you. Your angel will be
waiting for you and will take care of you."

The child further inquired,
"But tell me, here in heaven I don't have to
do anything but sing and smile to be happy."

God said, "Your angel will sing for you and
will also smile for you everyday. And
you will feel your angel's love and be
very happy."

Again the child asked, "And how am I going to
be able to understand when people talk to me
if I don't know the language?"

God said, "Your angel will tell you the most
beautiful and sweet words you will ever hear,
and with much patience and care, your angel will
teach you how to speak."

"And what am I going to do when I want to talk
to you?"

God said, "Your angel will place your hands
together and will teach you how to pray.

" I've heard that on Earth there are bad men.
Who will protect me?"

God said, "Your angel will defend you even if
it means risking it's life."

"But I will always be sad because I will not
see you anymore."

God said, "Your angel will always talk to you about me
and will teach you the way to come back to me, even
though I will always be next to you."

At that moment there was much peace in heaven, but
voices from Earth could be heard and the
child hurriedly asked, "God, if I am to leave
now, please tell me my angel's name."

"Her name is not important.
You will simply call her "Mom."

No comments:

#OpenBook for March 2024

  Welcome to #OpenBook. I'm joining up with Carolyn Astfalk who hosts an #OpenBook Linkup on CatholicMom.com . Here's what I'v...