Tuesday, May 13, 2008

How do You Listen to God?

Guest Post by Janet Cassidy:


It was a brisk morning with a fog laying over most of the yard. I couldn't resist stepping out of my warm house to breathe in the fresh smells of nature. For many families, mornings are so rushed, I wonder if they ever have time to enjoy all that God has to offer in those early quiet moments before the birds start making their din.

Admittedly, you have to get up before, say, 5:30ish, to take it in; most people I know aren't particularly interested in anything at that time of day. But, I am. For some reason, my biological clock has changed and I routinely wake up around 4:30 a.m. I don't particularly want to wake up that early, but, I figure, if God wants to talk . . .

If you have been struggling lately with a decision, take some time to really listen to God. If I am trying to listen to God, I'll read something inspiring and meditate on it. As I do this, my concerns seep in and very often a hint of an idea will take shape. The more I consider it, the stronger the impulse to act on it. I have found that this path to God's wisdom has never failed me. Not once.

How do you listen to God? Is it working for you?

God bless,
Janet


Please visit my website at http://www.janetcassidy.com for more news and commentary, including my blog!

No comments:

How to Pray for Your Adult Children

  When our children become adults, our relationship with them changes. Even if they continue to live in our homes, in most cases, our role...