Friday, May 16, 2008

A Reminder to Live the Faith

This is an excerpt from today's 1st reading James 2:14-24, 26:

What good is it, my brothers and sisters,
if someone says he has faith but does not have works?
Can that faith save him?
If a brother or sister has nothing to wear
and has no food for the day,
and one of you says to them,
“Go in peace, keep warm, and eat well,”
but you do not give them the necessities of the body,
what good is it?
So also faith of itself,
if it does not have works, is dead.

Indeed someone might say,
“You have faith and I have works.”
Demonstrate your faith to me without works,
and I will demonstrate my faith to you from my works.


It is a good reminder that we need to live our faith. It is not enough to say "I believe" and go on our way. Jesus instructed us to love both God and neighbor. It is through serving our neighbor that we show our love and faith in God. The two cannot be separated from each other.

No comments:

How to Pray for Your Adult Children

  When our children become adults, our relationship with them changes. Even if they continue to live in our homes, in most cases, our role...