Tuesday, February 16, 2010

It's the day before Lent

Fat Tuesday, Mardi Gras - whatever you call it, it is the day before Lent. One last chance for rejoicing before the somberness of the Lenten season sets in. Some years, I really feel like I have liturgical whiplash going from Advent to Christmas, experiencing a short break, and then being thrust into Lent. How does Jesus go from baby to 33 so quickly? It doesn't seem to make much sense. And yet, this year I feel ready for it. I'm ready for the time of fasting and prayer and sacrifice; ready to see where the season will lead me.

I had great hopes of offering a Lenten reflection for every day of the season and having them ready for all of you. Then, life got in the way, and other tasks had to come first. Still, I hope to offer as many as I can.

So, yes, today, rejoice! And may God bless you on your Lenten journey.

No comments:

How to Pray for Your Adult Children

  When our children become adults, our relationship with them changes. Even if they continue to live in our homes, in most cases, our role...