Monday, December 13, 2010

40 years of the Permanent Diaconate

When I was in graduate school, I had the pleasure of taking some of my classes with my diocese's diaconate class. Those students have now gone on and been ordained as Permanent Deacons, and two other classes have taken their place. These are men so willing to give of themselves, and the Church is so lucky to have them. My parish has two permanent deacons and we are the better for it. U.S. Catholic has an article looking more closely at the blessings and challenges of the permanent diaconate and the men (and their wives) who serve.

The Church's "Married Clergy": 40 years of Deacons

No comments:

#OpenBook for March 2024

  Welcome to #OpenBook. I'm joining up with Carolyn Astfalk who hosts an #OpenBook Linkup on CatholicMom.com . Here's what I'v...