Thursday, January 13, 2011

Interested in "Unschooling?"

Ever since I first started learning about homeschooling, unschooling has been one of those things that has intrigued me. I'm not enough outside the box that I could ever fully embrace that philosophy of education and permanently put away all the lesson plans, but I do try to implement it somewhat in our lives in an attempt to get the best of both worlds. I do consider us unschoolers in the summer and on breaks.

I do think letting a child lead certain aspects of his or her education has great value. We do tend to learn and remember what we are interested in, not what someone forced us to.

If you are interested in learning more, please visit Unchooling.com

No comments:

How to Pray for Your Adult Children

  When our children become adults, our relationship with them changes. Even if they continue to live in our homes, in most cases, our role...