Monday, July 09, 2012

Do You Struggle with the 24 Hour Day?

I don't know about you, but I know I've wished for two of me more times than I can number. I want one of me to be the great mom and take care of the house and do everything I want to in order to take care of and educate my children, and another one to work and do all the things that I (as my own individual person) want to do with my life. I pray each day to do what God wants with that day, and I do manage to squeeze a lot out of each one, but I almost always wish that I had more time for me, and I am always exhausted. Needless to say, I struggle with acceptance.

Patti Maguire Armstrong (mom of 10!) has written a very insightful article: Making Peace with the 24 Hour Day, which offers some suggestions for getting more out of your day as well as accepting what you do manage to accomplish.

No comments:

How to Pray for Your Adult Children

  When our children become adults, our relationship with them changes. Even if they continue to live in our homes, in most cases, our role...