Monday, July 16, 2012

An Ocean of Need

I'm sure that many of you, like me, receive a multitude of solicitations in the mail each day, asking you to donate to some worthy cause. That is the difficulty, of course, many of them are very worthy, and one might very well like to donate to all of them, but funds are limited and life requires choices so one gives to those one can. Do you ever feel badly that you can't do more?

Aileen O'Donoghue talks about that in today's Living Faith reflection:

[Jesus] says that what seemingly little I can do as his disciple will gain its reward. As I give to the few causes I can manage, my prayer is that with all of us giving what we can, the tide of generosity and love will soon start overwhelming the ocean of need. That will be the ultimate reward for all of us.

No comments:

How to Pray for Your Adult Children

  When our children become adults, our relationship with them changes. Even if they continue to live in our homes, in most cases, our role...