Monday, May 14, 2007

Acts of Hope

My tulips lost the last of their petals yesterday which meant it was time to plant some new flowers for the summer. We went out after supper to our local garden center to pick out a few choice plants. David always loves to have his marigolds. They are a "must-have" for our garden. Isaac picked out some purple petunias. We also picked up a couple of perennials. Every year I try to pick up one or two to try to limit the number of plants we have to buy the following year. The boys also picked out some seeds to try to grow some vegetables. As soon as we got home, the boys asked if we could plant the flowers, so we spent a very enjoyable hour working together digging in the dirt.

I love gardens even though I'm not very successful at growing them. Every time I put a plant in the ground it is an act of hope on my part. I say a prayer that they will grow!

No comments:

How to Pray for Your Adult Children

  When our children become adults, our relationship with them changes. Even if they continue to live in our homes, in most cases, our role...