Friday, May 18, 2007

Spelling Test Update

Well, David and I spent about an hour and a half studying his words yesterday for his test today (in 15 minute intervals). I had him fingerpaint them, write them in sidewalk chalk, hop on the letters while saying them out loud, and do a self-test where it would write the word and then check to see if he had it write. He wanted to get up early this morning to do his self-test again, which he did and I quizzed him on the way to school. Still, he wasn't getting the words right with any great consistency. I was proud of how hard he had studied, though, and I told him that. I hoped that he would get a 40% (I didn't tell him that!). When he came out of school and said that he got a 60%, I was thrilled! I was even happier when I checked his paper. He got "said" wrong because he wrote the letter "s" incorrectly and he had spelled "help" correctly only to then write an "a" over the "e" so I think that he did very well.

And I am so glad that it is the weekend and he and I don't have to worry about spelling words again until Monday! Thank goodness that there are only 3 more weeks of school!

No comments:

How to Pray for Your Adult Children

  When our children become adults, our relationship with them changes. Even if they continue to live in our homes, in most cases, our role...