Thursday, March 25, 2010

March 25, 2010 Thursday of Lent

Mary said, “Behold, I am the handmaid of the Lord.
May it be done to me according to your word.”
- Luke 1:38

Today is the feast of the Annunciation - the day we recall Mary's Earth-changing "Yes" to God. I sometimes wonder what it must have been like to be Mary in that moment. There she was, a young teenager, looking forward to being married to Joseph and having a happy normal life, and then God intervened and her life was never normal again. She knew the risks of saying "yes." She knew Joseph might leave her. She knew she might be stoned to death. Yet, she still said "yes." She trusted that God's way was the right way. Dear Lord, please help me to say "yes" to whatever it is you ask me to do.

No comments:

How to Pray for Your Adult Children

  When our children become adults, our relationship with them changes. Even if they continue to live in our homes, in most cases, our role...