Friday, March 26, 2010

March 26, 2010 Friday of Lent

I love you, O LORD, my strength,
O LORD, my rock, my fortress, my deliverer.
- Psalm 18:1-2

My younger son sometimes tells me he isn't sure if he loves me or not. I do understand that. Sometimes, it can be really hard to love your parents when you are little and they are telling you what to do most of the time. My parents certainly were not always on "my favorite people" list growing up. Likewise, sometimes it is hard for me to love God, love in the sense of the emotion, as opposed to the decision to love Him and put Him first in my life. I know some people who are truly "in love" with God. I envy them in some ways. My relationship with God is more of an intellectual one, but that is who I am. Dear God, help me to love you more and more each day.

No comments:

How to Pray for Your Adult Children

  When our children become adults, our relationship with them changes. Even if they continue to live in our homes, in most cases, our role...