Thursday, June 07, 2007

Isaac is growing up, too!

Not only is David reaching the big milestone of starting 1st grade, but Isaac is growing up as well. There is something about being 4 which makes little children leave a lot of their babyness behind. I saw it with David as well. All of a sudden, he was ready to take on the world. Isaac has reached that stage. The boy who has been literally attached to my side for the past two years is so excited about going to school next year and decided to start playing soccer this week. David's coach had said he could play, but he had no interest. This week, I asked him if he wanted to play. He said, "OK, maybe I will." And he was great. He knows how to play from watching David and he got right in there and was kicking the ball and waving his arms saying "I'm open! I'm open!" He's going to play in the game on Saturday.

I know my boys still need me, but it really feels like I'm entering a whole new phase of my parenting journey. This always seems to happen - I get comfortable and feel like I know what I am doing with caring for my children and what to expect from them, and boom! they keep growing and the rules seem to change! Life and parenting are full of surprises!

No comments:

How to Pray for Your Adult Children

  When our children become adults, our relationship with them changes. Even if they continue to live in our homes, in most cases, our role...