Friday, June 29, 2007

Offering Drinks to the Thirsty

The boys and I made our weekly trek to my parents' house today for a visit. While there, I noticed that some of their plants outside were looking rather droopy. So, I tried to help them. I plucked off their dead flowers and gave them a substantial amount of water. Pretty soon their leaves started to perk up a bit.

The same thing goes for people. We often start to get droopy and discouraged. Without the water of love and encouragement, we feel disheartened. It becomes difficult to bloom in such an environment and to offer the world all that we are.

Who do you know who is "drooping?" Offer a word of encouragement today and say a silent prayer for that person. Help them to bring their best to the world.

1 comment:

Rosemary said...

Nice advice.

#OpenBook for March 2024

  Welcome to #OpenBook. I'm joining up with Carolyn Astfalk who hosts an #OpenBook Linkup on CatholicMom.com . Here's what I'v...