Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Feast of the Assumption

Tomorrow is the feast of the Assumption, commemorating that we believe Mary was brought up to heaven body and soul after her earthly death. For Catholics, it is a Holy Day of Obligation. And so, today I will leave you with two prayers to Mary - the "Hail Mary" and "The Memorare":

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with you. Blessed are you among women and blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Remember. O most gracious virgin Mary, that never was it known that any one who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided. Inspired with this confidence, I fly unto you, O virgin of virgins, my mother. To you I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but, in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen.

No comments:

How to Pray for Your Adult Children

  When our children become adults, our relationship with them changes. Even if they continue to live in our homes, in most cases, our role...