Wednesday, August 08, 2007

The Value of Mini-Vacations

Several of my friends have second homes a few a hours away that they retreat to on summer weekends. They love that lifestyle and it works for their families. As for me, I can't even imagine having the energy to pack up and travel three or four hours for two days away. What I do love is going to our local pond which has a small beach complete with lifeguards. It is this beautiful oasis in the heart of a city. It is so peaceful and beautiful there and it is only 5 minutes away! The family and I will often spend an hour or two there after my husband is done with work. We can swim and the boys play in the sand and it just washes the stress of everyday life away. A mini-vacation can be a wonderful thing. Where are the hidden retreats near where you live where you can just get away from it all for a little while? A vacation doesn't need to be long or far away to be refreshing.

No comments:

#OpenBook for March 2024

  Welcome to #OpenBook. I'm joining up with Carolyn Astfalk who hosts an #OpenBook Linkup on CatholicMom.com . Here's what I'v...