Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Things I never expected to read

During the academic year, my family goes to the library on Saturdays which means that Mom and Dad take turns watching the children in the children's section while the other adult gets to look at and choose "grown-up" books. In the summer, however, our local library is closed on Saturday which means that I venture to the library on my own with the boys. This also means that if I want to choose some books and magazines to read, the boys need to come upstairs with me. While I choose some magazines that I want to look at, the boys pick out magazines that look good to them.

So, this morning, I found myself reading to them out of "Car and Driver" and another magazine on trucks whose name I don't recall. While certainly not my usual fare, I have to admit that I did learn some interesting things about old milk delivery trucks!

No comments:

How to Pray for Your Adult Children

  When our children become adults, our relationship with them changes. Even if they continue to live in our homes, in most cases, our role...