Thursday, November 11, 2010

Buying Catholic Items in the Springfield, MA area

I recently had to purchase a Baptism gift. I really wanted to purchase something Catholic (or at least Christian) related. I was thinking of a child's cross to put on the wall or something similar. I attempted to go to Morningstar in West Springfield only to discover it has closed. I went to several stores at the Holyoke Mall only to come up empty (there may be a store there that sells them, but I wasn't in a position to visit ALL of them). By this time I was totally frustrated.

Yes, I could have ordered something from one of the many quality Catholic goods stores on-line, but I didn't have the time to wait for it to be sent to me. http://www.christianoccasion.com came to my rescue. It is an online store, but it is based in Longmeadow and the owner will allow you to pick up items directly from her if you can't wait for shipping. I was able to get a small cross featuring a praying little boy and a set of blue rosary beads within a couple hours of ordering on-line. I heartily recommend the owner and the site!

3 comments:

Daisey said...

Hi I just wanted to let you know that Morning Star moved across the street next to the uniform place, they have an even bigger store now.

Patrice Fagnant-MacArthur said...

Great! Thanks for letting me know. I will post a correction.

wolf swamp parent said...

Thanks for getting the word out about my store! I appreciated the positive feedback. Please let your friends know also about my other online shop, The Christian Baby, catering to the apparel needs of christenings and Baptisms.

Please check out www.thechristianbaby.com!

#OpenBook for March 2024

  Welcome to #OpenBook. I'm joining up with Carolyn Astfalk who hosts an #OpenBook Linkup on CatholicMom.com . Here's what I'v...