Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The Healing We Need

Today's Gospel reading (Lk 17:11-19) features the story of the 10 lepers who were healed by Jesus and the one that came back to say "Thank you."

In reflecting on this story in today's Living Faith, Sr. Kathryn J. Hermes, author of Holding on to Hope: The Journey Beyond Darkness, writes

I have always received healing when I have cried out to Jesus, but never quite in the way I expected. God isn't one to follow my instructions (thank goodness). He always has a better idea. The critical point is to realize I have been healed and be attentive enough to discover what God is doing to heal me his way. God gives me so much more than I initially ask for.

No comments:

#OpenBook for March 2024

  Welcome to #OpenBook. I'm joining up with Carolyn Astfalk who hosts an #OpenBook Linkup on CatholicMom.com . Here's what I'v...