Sunday, April 01, 2012

Serving God in Small Ways

Lately, I've been feeling so trapped in my life. There is so much I want to do and accomplish, yet God has me in a very set group of circumstances which don't allow for a whole bunch of wiggle-room. In some ways, I feel like the label on a bottle of shampoo. Get up, serve, work, repeat. Every day is pretty much the same. My life is passing by in a sleep-deprived blur, and I really don't have very much to show for it.

Kathy Coffey speaks of this in her article in the April 2012 issue of St. Anthony's Messenger: Following Christ with Small Steps

She speaks of the quiet women in Scripture, the ones who work behind the scenes.

Jesus especially notes, "She has done what she could." Sometimes, we'd rather win a Nobel Prize or find a cure for cancer than attend the meeting, cook the meal or answer an email - tasks that seem terribly ordinary. But apparently the people who do what they can, instead of wasting their energy on unrealistic speculation, fulfill God's dream for them.

So, I'll keep doing what I can, and living my quiet life, until God decides He has something else in mind for me.

No comments:

How to Pray for Your Adult Children

  When our children become adults, our relationship with them changes. Even if they continue to live in our homes, in most cases, our role...