Monday, December 03, 2012

Advent Memories of Goodness

I came across this quote in the December 2012 issue of St. Anthony Messenger

"It is the beautiful task of Advent to awaken in all of us memories of goodness and thus to open doors of hope." - Cardinal Ratzinger (now Pope Benedict XVI)

As I reflected on this quote, I was brought back to my 2nd grade classroom. I had one of my favorite teachers that year - Sr. Doris. She was wonderful and so kind and prepared us all very well for our First Communion. In any event, I remember that she was so exited about lighting the pink candle on the Advent wreath and that it was "joy" week because Christmas was so near. Her enthusiasm was contagious and as a little girl on the cusp of turning seven, I definitely shared in her joy! That is my Advent "memory of goodness" for today.

Do you have an Advent memory of goodness you would like to share? If so, please leave a comment! 

No comments:

How to Pray for Your Adult Children

  When our children become adults, our relationship with them changes. Even if they continue to live in our homes, in most cases, our role...