Monday, December 31, 2012

Prayer for the New Year

I came across this prayer this morning and thought it might be a good prayer for the New Year:

O Adonai, O Ruler of Israel, thou that guidest Joseph like a flock, O Emmanuel, O Sapientia, I give myself to thee. I trust thee wholly. Thou are wiser than I - more loving to me than I to myself. Deign to fulfill thy high purposes in me whatever they be - work in and through me. I am born to serve thee, to be thine, to be thy instrument. I ask not to see - I ask not to know - I ask simply to be used. Amen.

- Blessed John Henry Newman
Heart to Heart: A Cardinal Newman Prayerbook (Christian Classics)

No comments:

How to Pray for Your Adult Children

  When our children become adults, our relationship with them changes. Even if they continue to live in our homes, in most cases, our role...