Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Kids and Depression

I came across this post the other day and it has some great information and advice: Kids and Depression. This is a topic so close to my heart, because I've suffered from depression since I was 11 years old, and because I see the same signs in my children. I know that they hear the same destructive voices inside their heads (because they frequently voice these thoughts aloud) and it scares me to death.

And so, I do the best I can with them and try to have them know that they are loved by God and by their parents. David has a counselor because of his Aspergers and I know that it is great that he has someone to talk to twice a month. The day may very well come when Isaac needs one as well. I know the teen years are only going to make things worse. I pray for their mental health every day.


No comments:

How to Pray for Your Adult Children

  When our children become adults, our relationship with them changes. Even if they continue to live in our homes, in most cases, our role...