Sunday, April 21, 2013

Love is What Matters

Living Faith featured this quote by Blessed Pope John Paul II today:

Whatever you make of your life, let it be something that reflects the love of Christ. The whole people of God will be all the richer because of the diversity of your commitments. In whatever you do, remember that Christ is calling you, in one way or another, to the service of love: the love of God and of your neighbor.

Real love is demanding. I would fail in my mission if I did not clearly tell you so. For it was Jesus, Jesus himself, who said, "You are my friends if you do what I command you." Love demands effort and personal commitment to the will of God. It means discipline and sacrifice, but it also means joy and human fulfillment. 

- Pope John Paul II, The Things of the Spirit. 


No comments:

#OpenBook for March 2024

  Welcome to #OpenBook. I'm joining up with Carolyn Astfalk who hosts an #OpenBook Linkup on CatholicMom.com . Here's what I'v...