Monday, April 26, 2010

The Serenity Prayer

Most of us are very familiar with the first paragraph of this prayer. In fact, I have it on my keychain to serve as a regular reminder. I had never seen the full prayer before last week, and since then I saw it again. Maybe God is trying to tell me something . . . In any event, I will share it with you as well.

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Help me to live out one day at a time, enjoying one moment at a time. Help me to accept hardships as the pathway to peace, taking as Your Son did, this world as it is, not as I would have it.

Let me trust that You will make all things right if I surrender to Your will. May I be reasonably happy in this life and supremely happy with You forever in the next. Amen.

No comments:

How to Pray for Your Adult Children

  When our children become adults, our relationship with them changes. Even if they continue to live in our homes, in most cases, our role...