Sunday, September 19, 2010

22 Quotes from St. Therese - Day 10

I offered myself to Jesus, not as a person who desires to receive His visit for her own consolation, but on the contrary for the pleasure of the One who gives Himself to me, I conceive of my soul as an empty field, and I pray to the Blessed Virgin to take away the debris that could prevent it from being empty. Then I implore her to raise up herself a vast tent worthy of heaven, to decorate it with her own finery, and then I invite all the Saints and Angels to come make a magnificent concert. It seems to me when Jesus comes down into my heart, that He is content to find Himself so well-received there, and I am also happy. - St. Therese

From The Story of a Soul: A New Translation (Living Library)

No comments:

How to Pray for Your Adult Children

  When our children become adults, our relationship with them changes. Even if they continue to live in our homes, in most cases, our role...