Friday, September 24, 2010

22 Quotes from St. Therese - Day 15

Considering the mystical body of the Church, I had not recognized myself in any of the members described by St. Paul, or rather, I wanted to recognize myself in all of them. . . Charity gave me the key to my vocation. I understood that if the Church had a body composed of different members [1 Cor 12:12], it was not missing the most necessary, the most noble of all: I understood that the Church had a heart, and that this heart was burning with Love. I understood that Love alone can cause the members of the Church to act . . . Then in the excess of my delirious joy, I cried out, "Oh Jesus, my Love. . . I have finally found my vocation: My vocation is Love!" - St. Therese

From The Story of a Soul: A New Translation (Living Library)

No comments:

How to Pray for Your Adult Children

  When our children become adults, our relationship with them changes. Even if they continue to live in our homes, in most cases, our role...