Tuesday, June 14, 2011

A Renewed Interest in Exorcism


I recently worked up my courage and watched The Rite - a movie starring Anthony Hopkins that focuses on the training of exorcists and their resulting spiritual battles. Well, I watched most of it. I'm not a fan of scary movies. Once it got too scary where I thought it would provoke nightmares, I left the room. After all, the devil and his legions of helpers are probably the most scary thing there is.

Still, I'm glad that there is a renewed interest in exorcism and more priests are learning how to perform the rite. While true demonic possession is rare, it's good to have one more powerful tool in the battle against Satan.

The following US Catholic article discusses some of the issues involved in exorcism: They're Back: What's Behind the Return of the Exorcist

No comments:

#OpenBook for May 2024

Happy May! May is my favorite month of the year!  Welcome to #OpenBook. I'm joining up with Carolyn Astfalk who hosts an #OpenBook Link...