Sunday, February 16, 2014

Saying "Thank You" to God even when You Don't Have an Answer to Prayer

A Rosary Novena is my go-to prayer when life is challenging and I have something extremely important to pray for. I highly recommend it. It is fifty-four days of praying the rosary with accompanying prayers - the first three sets of nine days are petition with the last three sets being said in thanksgiving. I'm on day 42 of my current novena.

I always find it somewhat difficult to say the prayers of thanksgiving when I haven't yet received an answer. I tend to still phrase those prayers of thanksgiving as prayers of petition except that I start them with "Thank you." I know God answers all prayers. I know God has a plan. Trusting in all that is much easier said than done.

Yet, there is something powerful in those words; "Thank you." I try to remember to say them daily to God, but I don't remember as often as I should. I tend to see the negative in life more than the positive - something I definitely need to work on.


No comments:

How to Pray for Your Adult Children

  When our children become adults, our relationship with them changes. Even if they continue to live in our homes, in most cases, our role...