Thursday, March 04, 2010

Latest Painting Effort - Light in the Window



Light in the Window
9" x 12" original watercolor

This was more of an experimental piece for me. I've never tried painting a night scene before. I was working from a photograph by Jordi Cabre of The Captain George Wilber House on Nantucket. The photo was a daytime scene, so I was adjusting it to make it look like the last rays of sun were going down. I learned some things doing this painting, and overall I was pleased with how it came out. Because it was painted from a photograph, I can't sell it, but I would be happy to give it to anyone who might like it. If you are interested, please leave a comment. Thanks!

No comments:

How to Pray for Your Adult Children

  When our children become adults, our relationship with them changes. Even if they continue to live in our homes, in most cases, our role...