Tuesday, March 09, 2010

March 9, 2010 Tuesday of Lent

Peter approached Jesus and asked him,
“Lord, if my brother sins against me,
how often must I forgive him?
As many as seven times?”
Jesus answered, “I say to you, not seven times but seventy-seven times.

Matthew 18:21-22

Forgiveness is hard. We like to be forgiven. Extending it to others is often much more difficult. We feel justified in our anger. We have been wronged. We want someone to make up for it, to pay for what they did. Yet, forgiveness is what God calls us to, over and over again. Do you have someone in your life who you need to forgive? Maybe today you can take the first step in that direction. Pray to have the strength to forgive them.

No comments:

#OpenBook for March 2024

  Welcome to #OpenBook. I'm joining up with Carolyn Astfalk who hosts an #OpenBook Linkup on CatholicMom.com . Here's what I'v...