Friday, March 26, 2010

A Parent's Prayer

When I was cleaning out some things as part of my 40 bags in 40 days project, I came across this prayer that was part of my baptismal preparation program.

A Parent's Prayer

God the Father, through His Son, the Virgin Mary's child,
has brought joy to all Christian parents,
as they see the hope of eternal life
shine on their children.
May God blees me.
I thank God for the gift of my child.

God is the giver of all life,
human and divine.
May God bless me,
for I will be one of the first
teachers of my child
in the ways of faith.
May I be the best of teachers,
bearing witness to the faith
by what I say and do,
in Christ Jesus, our Lord.

Amen

No comments:

How to Pray for Your Adult Children

  When our children become adults, our relationship with them changes. Even if they continue to live in our homes, in most cases, our role...