Wednesday, March 03, 2010

March 3, 2010 Wednesday of Lent

I hear the whispers of the crowd, that frighten me from every side,
as they consult together against me, plotting to take my life.
But my trust is in you, O LORD;
I say, “You are my God.”
- Psalm 31:14-15

Thankfully, most of us don't have to worry about being literally murdered for our faith. Yet, there are certainly times when each one of us is called upon to stand up for our beliefs when it seems the whole world is against us. It can be hard to stand up against the crowd when we are spouting an unpopular opinion. It can be hard to do what is right, when everyone else (including people close to us) is encouraging us to do something wrong. It is then, most of all, that we need to trust in God. He will give us the courage to defend our faith.

No comments:

#OpenBook for March 2024

  Welcome to #OpenBook. I'm joining up with Carolyn Astfalk who hosts an #OpenBook Linkup on CatholicMom.com . Here's what I'v...