Monday, March 22, 2010

March 22, 2010 Monday of Lent

Jesus spoke to them again, saying,
“I am the light of the world.
Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness,
but will have the light of life.”
- John 8:12

I love this image of Jesus as light. Light is so important to our well-being. For those of us who live in the Northern Hemisphere, the coming of Spring brings more sunlight and warmer days. We come out of our winter cocoons and get outside again. Flowers start pushing their way through the earth. Our moods brighten. The sun was there all winter. It hadn't moved. It was we who had moved away for a while.

So it is with God. He is always there, waiting. We need merely to turn ourselves back to the Light, to bask in its glow and feel His warmth.

No comments:

#OpenBook for March 2024

  Welcome to #OpenBook. I'm joining up with Carolyn Astfalk who hosts an #OpenBook Linkup on CatholicMom.com . Here's what I'v...