Wednesday, March 24, 2010

March 24, 2010 Wednesday of Lent

"If our God, whom we serve,
can save us from the white-hot furnace
and from your hands, O king, may he save us!
But even if he will not, know, O king,
that we will not serve your god
or worship the golden statue that you set up.”
- Daniel 3:17-18

You have to admire the faith and steadfastness of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Nego in this Bible passage. I sometimes wonder, if my very life depended on it, would I still remain faithful to God? Would I be willing to die for what I believe in? I'd like to think that I would have the courage to do so, yet I admit I have trouble standing up for what I believe in when in a room of people where I am in the minority. Dear Lord, please help me to remain faithful to you even when it is really hard.

No comments:

#OpenBook for March 2024

  Welcome to #OpenBook. I'm joining up with Carolyn Astfalk who hosts an #OpenBook Linkup on CatholicMom.com . Here's what I'v...